This past week, Mom and I went to Washington D.C. for the National Day of Prayer. We had a great time!
Thomas Jefferson at the Libary of Congress
The Supreme Court
Our National Day of Prayer group got a private late-night tour of the Capitol with a Texas congressman. He knows a lot about history and the Capitol, so he talked for a long time. We had to leave the Capitol at 1:00 A.M. because the bus had to take us back to the hotel.
The Capitol looks very cool at night.
Have you seen this painting of the signing of the Declaration of Independence? It hangs in the Rotunda of the Capitol. You can't tell from far away, but Jefferson stepping on Adam's foot. That didn't really happen, but the artist just did that because the two men were enemies and political rivals.
Here's a close up so you can see
We got to see Marine 1 take off from the White House after the President came back from his Afghanistan.
This weird bush was outside the Washington Monument - we had never seen these before!
This is the gun that John Wilkes Booth used to kill Lincoln.
8 comments:
It was a great trip! Maybe other people will ask to see some of the other pics you took and you will post them.
K
What a great trip! You took some fantastic pictures!
Yay! I've been waiting:)
It looks like y'all had so much fun, but I didn't see any of the postal museum!;) Not quite enough time to really enjoy it, huh? Next time, I'm sure...
Awesome, Mallory! Sounds like a lot of fun!
I HAVE to go with you next year! Those are great pictures mal!
Mal, those are wonderful photos! Interesting information on the painting. So happy you have this memory. Love, Aunt Julie
Dearest professional photographer I heard that in your upcoming shoot you are taking pictures of my kiddo. First a few things we need to make sure don't happen. Clara has a strong aversion to flashes and bright lights. She tends to be cranky if you wake her up. She also prefers that you don't mess with her arms to much as she poses naturally channelling her latest osh kosh Ralph Lauren looks. That's about it from here.
I love these, Mal! It is so neat you and your mom go on trips like this...
love,
Aunt Chew
Post a Comment