Friday, April 6, 2012

Anthem Lights!

Last night, Mom, Mason, Megan, and I got to go to the Newsboys, Anthem Lights, Abandon, and City Harmonic concert!  Anthem Lights is one of my favorite bands, so I was really excited to go!  They are an awesome Christian band made up of four guys (Alan, Caleb, Chad, and Kyle) who just sing - they don't play any instruments in the band.  We have a friend whose brother-in-law is in Abandon, so we not only got great seats, but we also got to go backstage and meet them!  They were all really nice!

Since we were there early, we saw Chad setting up the merchandise booth before the show, so we got to get a picture and an autograph from him.  (He had just worked out, so that's why he's sweaty and dressed like that :)
 This is the only good picture I got during the show - they were always running around or jumping, so all of the pictures are blurry :) (I am aware of the sports mode setting, but that didn't occur to me at the time :)


After Anthem Lights and Abandon had played, our friend took us back to find the Anthem Lights guys.  Kyle and Chad were taking showers, and Alan and Caleb were working out.  The venue was a place were they do rodeos, so they were doing pull-ups on the gates and bars they use for the rodeos. :)  They were so nice and stopped their workout to talk to us for around 8-ish minutes. 

Me and Alan..... He has also memorized the book of 1 Peter, so we talked about that. :) 
Me and Caleb....
 Mom took a picture of the rodeo pull-ups. :)  The guy on the right is Stevan, the one who got us backstage.

After the concert was over, we got to meet Kyle by the merch table :)
We had so much fun! 

4 comments:

Hannah John said...

Cool! Sounds like fun! - Hannah

Megan said...

Best. Night. Ever! Sooo much fun!!!!
I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but Stev pulled through;)
Thanks again for bringing me along!

Megam

Mal said...

What a great night!!!
Pj

Jkcdjfamilies said...

How fun for you, Mal!!! I enjoyed listening to them today on You Tube with you! I love you!

Aunt Chew